Cocoon Documentation Wishlist
Feel free to complete this page with ideas about how to improve the existing Cocoon documentation (see About for how this works).
Next step, if you're ready to help with the documentation, please subscribe to the cocoon-dev mailing list and let us know!
See also OurWishlists.
Comments, wishes, ideas about the Cocoon documentation
- I'd like to see a list of Tomcat and Cocoon version numbers that work as is (i.e., use the binary builds with no need to copy things into the Tomcat environment).
** Cocoon 2.1 on does not come in a binary version; build and deploy!
I'd like to see install instructions for Cocoon on a hosted Ensim Webpplice web site http://www.ensim.com/products/webppliance/index.html. NOTE: Ensim 3.1.1 unfortunately uses Tomcat 4.0.3 so details on how-to install any version of Cocoon on such a hosted environment remembering that Tomcat directories won't be accessible would be very useful; Ensim 3.1.1 is a popular choice by hosting sites to give their users access to a Tomcat environment, so such instructions would enable more sites to use Cocoon.
- I'd like a tutorial about the collective usage of xindice - cocoon - xml:db pseudo protocol. Add, modify, delete xindice xml documents using xml:db.
It would be nice to have described some design patterns for Action. -- Dema
A page describing issues about Cocoon Security, including sitemap issues such as utilising "internal-only" pipelines to prevent access to important resources (e.g. see email discussion) -- DavidCrossley
- A wish most can relate to, Make these pages fit the page, either when I hit the print button or viewing. How many times have you lost your thoughts while reading because you have to scramble to find the slider and too much stress on the wrist scrolling horizontally.
** Wish granted - the new Cocoon docs are all in PDF as well! The new Cocoon Wiki (Moin Moin) has a printable-version of each page as well
I'd like to see a tutorial about changing the protocol handler used in <map:mount src="..."/> from the standard java class URL in favour of the cocoon protocol handler. I just can't understand why the cocoon guys have chosen this implementation: in my opinion it just makes no sens in the cocoon paradygm. -- Cédric Vidal
ReinhardPoetz: The community decided not to support dynamically created sitemaps (because of flexibility syndrome: features that are possible but without a usecase that makes them necessary)
- I wish that wiki search on '+programmatic +authentication' had returned something. anything. boy, am i desperate. -- then please ask on the cocoon-user mailing list.
** Describe your problem properly on the mailing list and someone will help.
- I'd like to see a complete howto run cocoon under JBuilder or Sun ONE Studio.