Note-taking and co-ordination page for the FirstFriday of 7 November 2003.
Please keep these notes concise. The idea of this page is to tell the overall story of this FirstFriday and not the details.
Summary of achievements
- In the beginning there were 83 Bugs, including 22 Patches.
- At 17:00 GMT: down to 70 bugs including 21 patches.
At the end there were 71 bugs including 21 patches
- During the day there were about 75 Buzgilla-related activity emails (50 of those were during the first 6 hours).
- There were many developers and committers involved on the day. There was follow-on activity too (people got excited).
- A resounding success.
Some lessons learned
- There seemed to be no need for co-ordination. People organised themselves. However, that might be different when we get to collaborate on a big bug.
Bugzilla performed admirably. We clarified some use of certain fields (HowWeUseBugzilla).
- The dev@ mailing list was very useful, and the Bugzilla alerts and ensuing replies kept us well informed.
- There was a lot of (nice and friendly) talk on irc#cocoon during the day. This certainly helps a lot in building the community (and it is fun). People must be careful not to make important decisions there though, as not everybody has access to IRC.