Upayavira's mini-talk at the GT2003 Hackathon.
Raw notes taken collaboratively during the talk.
Short intro about what he has been doing so far
Almost rewriting the CLI, actually...
Questions and remarks
- What about moving the CLI to Forrest?
CocoonBean needs to stay inside Cocoon
- What would be the benefit of moving away?
- In the end, we're pretty happy with the way it is, especially if Upa is happy with it
It's kinda lonely out there...
- Issues with Cocoon and the CLI
- Reading from the persistent store is much slower than from the memory store (like 10 times)
- Open issues
- Database access
- Caching of link gatherer information
- Ant task integration
- Usage reports, reporting features
- Command scheduler