How to load Cocoon in Netbeans
- TARGET-AUDIENCE: beginner *advanced* expert
- COCOON-RELEASES: 2.1.5, 22.214.171.124, 2.1.6
- DOCUMENT-STATUS: *draft* reviewed released
- Download and build cocoon (build webapp)
- Start Netbeans
Right click in "File System" tab and select "Mount > Local Directory". "New Wizard" will open.
- Using "New Wizard" point to cocoon's webapp folder (for example: "cocoon-126.96.36.199/build/webapp"). Select webapp directory (dont open it) and click "Finish". Now Netbean will load required jar's.
In "Project Default" tab a new node must be added. something like "cocoon-188.8.131.52/build/webapp". If not, look at "Filesystem" for the same node. Then right click on it and select "Tools > Add to project"
- Change to "Project Default" tab. select cocoon's node and click "Execute"
Wait for deploy and point your browser to "http://localhost:8084/cocoonapp/". if cocoon dont live in /cocoonapp. Change to "Runtime" Tab and look at "Server Registy > Tomcat 5 Servers > http://localhost:8084 > Web Modules" to see where cocoon is deployed.
If you want to debug cocoon's java classes put from sources the packages you want in build/WEB-INF/classes