This page describes what happens in the life of the archetypical widget. This should amount to far more detail then the normal cforms user needs to stay happily using the framework. It's more aimed at the interested 'how it works' reader and is a recommended read to people considering patching or extending the cforms framework.
Current state: work in progress.
The separation between Definitions and Instances
- why this separation: what does it try to achieve - how does it work (check: most of this has been described elsewere, links should do)
The Widget-instance constellation
- relation, collaboration and responsibilities between instance, defition, datatype, convertor, validators, event-handlers... (check: most of this has been described elsewere, links should do)
The widget actors and use cases
- programmatic manipulation (like binding)
Some internal use and effects
- splitting values from aggregate-widget down to the part-fields
- choice-widget value leading to new widget instances
- eventhandling code setting values triggering events
The complete state-transition diagram