Lang aims to provide:
- Comprehensive String handling utilities
- Enumerated types (pre JDK 1.5)
- Nested exceptions (pre JDK 1.4)
- Builders to create hashCode, equals, toString and compareTo methods
- Utilities for Object, Date and Numbers
The Javadoc of the latest version (2.1) is available.
The Javadoc of the CVS version (development) is available.
Development plan for 2.2
29149 [lang] StringEscapeUtils.unescapeHtml() doesn't handle an empty entity - Empty entity is in fact illegal HTML, so need to decide if we should ignore. Current behaviour seems acceptable as we're not in the work with bad HTML market.
29692 [lang] String indentation feature request - Needs design as a non-simple problem
LocaleUtils - including toLocale(String,String)
CloneUtils - multiple ways to clone an object
This article http://www.devx.com/Java/Article/29392/0/page/6 discusses some of the interesting classes in Commons Lang with real world examples.