Registration Is Open!
Please go to the conference website and register before 10-September to get the best early bird discounts!
Who We Are
ApacheCon is produced by the great professionals at Stone Circle Productions, but organized by a group of volunteers in the "Concom", the PMC charged with organizing conferences and events for the ASF.
Note that as with any ASF project, most of our work is done on mailing lists. Please email planners-2010-na at apachecon.com with any questions, and someone from the planning team will get back to you.
ApacheCon NA 2010 is organized by:
- Shane Curcuru - Events
- Sally Khudairi and track leads - Programming
- Sally Khudairi - Publicity
- Carsten Ziegeler - Speakers
- Rich Bowen - Tutorials
- Tony Stevenson - Website
- Noirin Shirley - Host and VP, Conference Planning, Apache Software Foundation
- Charel Morris - President, Stone Circle Productions
Delia Frees - Director of Sponsorship Relations for ApacheCon
Different people are in charge of organizing each of these areas, but obviously will be relying on other volunteers, committers, and our many great speakers to help finish out the event.
- Events Lead - coordinating non-programmed events, liaising with sponsors, PMCs and BarCamp/Meetup organisers, slotting in keysignings, keeping wiki up-to-date etc
- Programming Lead - organising keynotes, keeping track of sessions, liaising with PMCs, selecting replacement talks where necessary, reviewing the program guide
- Publicity Lead - promoting the conference ahead-of-time, keeping buzz going via social media, working with the PR firm, reviewing releases, suggesting conferences to flyer; coordinating marketing and publicity (although various execution parts are done in different areas)
Speaker Lead - keeping in touch with speakers, getting their abstracts, bios & contact info up-to-date, verifying that speaker agreements are returned/that speakers check-in, reviewing the hotel list
- Tutorials Lead - working with PMCs/programming lead to assemble tutorial track, soliciting the best tutorials available, making sure they get promoted and filled
- Website Lead - administering the CMS (helping to keep the website up-to-date with sponsors, session info, publicity, etc.), updating www.apache.org as appropriate
Signup on your favorite Social Network!
You can let your friends know you'll be attending ApacheCon NA 2010 by saying Yes to one of these posts: