Temporary page to collect our board report for November 2008
CouchDB is a distributed document-oriented database system written in Erlang. The project entered incubation on February 12th, 2008.
Since the last report in August, we released CouchDB version 0.8.1. We are currently collecting feedback for a 0.9.0 release since trunk has gotten some significant additions:
- faster b-tree operations
- authentication for Futon, the admin interface
- improvements for building CouchDB on BSD and Solaris systems
- support for massive numbers of databases on a single node
- improved binary attachment handling
- multi-key-get and include-docs options for views
An initial version of CouchDB's security model is also in the works for the 0.9 release.
The project added J Chris Anderson (jchris) to the list of (now five) committers with the approval of the IPMC. A few patches that lead to new features were contributed by non-committers. General feedback, interest and support in and of CouchDB continues to grow.
The project is currently asking the IPMC to recommend CouchDB's graduation to the Board.