|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
| * Work is underway to merge in parts of Benoît Chesneau's rcouch fork which adds better a build system.
* Work is underway to improve our test suite with a view to making it more stable.
| * Work is underway to merge in parts of Benoît Chesneau's rcouch fork which improves the build system.
* Work is underway to improve our test suite with a view toward making it more stable.
The official documentation has moved to http://docs.couchdb.org — The transition is not 100% complete, but http://docs.couchdb.org should be seen as having the latest info. In some cases, the wiki still has some more or older info on certain topics inside CouchDB.
Board Report (May 2013)
- 1.2.2 (4th April 2013)
- 1.3.0 (24th April 2013)
Work is underway to merge in Cloudant's BigCouch fork which will add clustering capabilities to CouchDB.
- Work is underway to merge in Cloudant's Fauxton overhaul of the CouchDB admin interface.
- Work is underway to merge in parts of Benoît Chesneau's rcouch fork which improves the build system.
- Work is underway to improve our test suite with a view toward making it more stable.
- The documentation donation from Couchbase was merged in and shipped with CouchDB 1.3.0.
The docs are also available at:
The project is undergoing an expansionist phase. The PMC is focusing on bolstering the committer base, and the committer base is focusing on bolstering CouchDB. As part of this, we are also conducting several restructuring exercises. These include: recruiting more committers, re-enforcing expectations around consensus building and decision making processes, re-evaluating our Git workflow, and switching to regular time-based releases. These exercises are going very well so far.
We have established consensus to have GitHub pull request comment notifications sent to the development mailing list. This will be an experiment. Our goal is to increase the visibility of important activity that is happening away from the lists. Our success criteria will be increased activity and attention to contributions coming in from GitHub. We will re-enforce the primacy of the mailing list for development discussion and decision making, and will keep a watchful eye for any issues.
Including the following additions, CouchDB has 27 committers and 9 PMC members.
- Dale Harvey
- Wendall Cada
- Alexander Shorin
- Ryan Ramage
No new PMC members.
Mailing list stats:
- 56 subscribers
- 2 messages since February
- 1456 subscribers
- 1,057 messages since February
- 105 subscribers
- 14 messages since February
- 601 subscribers
- 2,006 messages since February
- 101 subscribers
- 959 messages since February
No issues for the board at this time.