This page lists all CouchDB releases that are currently supported by the Apache CouchDB project.
April 9th, 2013
- Added view request duration to Futon.
- Removed the Futon test suite in favour of the CLI test suite.
- Fixed unnecessary conflict when deleting and creating a document in the same batch.
- New and updated passwords are hashed using PBKDF2.
- Fix various bugs in the URL rewriter when recursion is involved.
- Added Server-Sent Events protocol to db changes API.
- Moved the JS test suite to the CLI.
- Make password hashing synchronous when using the /_config/admins API.
- Added utc_id UUID algorithm.
- Encode database name during URL rewriting.
- Include user name in show/list ETags.
- Per module log levels.
- Server-wide UUID in some replication ids.
- E4X support in views is now deprecated and will be removed in a future version.
- Experimental support for Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS).
Release Support Policy
CouchDB uses semantic versioning, so, in a nutshell:
- X.Y.Z equates to major version, minor version, and patch version.
- The major version will be incremented every time we make backwards incompatible changes.
- The minor version will be incremented every time we add backwards compatible features.
- The patch version will be incremented every time we add backwards compatible fixes.
We will support each major version for 12 months. So, if 1.0.0 was released on 2010-01-01, then we would add features and fixes to it until 2011-01-01. After 12 months have passed, we may continue to release fixes for critical security issues, but these will be in the form of actual patches.
Note that the upgrade path for minor versions is to update the latest minor version. We will not continue to release patch versions for an old minor version. That is, 1.1.0 immediately supersedes 1.0.x, and no more fixes will be made on the 1.0.x line. Similarly, 1.2.0 immediately supersedes 1.1.x.
Old Apache CouchDB releases can be found in the Apache CouchDB archive.
Even older Apache Incubator releases of CouchDB can be found in the Apache Incubator archive of CouchDB.
These are provided for reference purposes only. It is recommended you use a current release of CouchDB.
When downloading from a mirror please check the MD5 and SHA checksums as well as verifying the OpenPGP compatible signature available from the main Apache site. The KEYS file contains the public keys used for signing release. It is recommended that a web of trust is used to confirm the identity of these keys.
You can check the OpenPGP signature with:
gpg --verify apache-couchdb-*.tar.gz.asc
You can check the MD5 checksum with:
md5sum --check apache-couchdb-*.tar.gz.md5
You can check the SHA checksum with:
sha1sum --check apache-couchdb-*.tar.gz.sha