Revision 1 as of 2009-06-30 12:18:03
converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
| * [http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Derby-trunk/ Derby-trunk] (svn checked with 15 minutes interval)
* [http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Derby-branch-10.5/ Derby-branch-10.5] (svn checked with 30 minutes interval)
* (Hudson [http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/ Dashboard])
| * [[http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Derby-trunk/|Derby-trunk]] (svn checked with 15 minutes interval)
* [[http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Derby-branch-10.5/|Derby-branch-10.5]] (svn checked with 30 minutes interval)
* (Hudson [[http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/|Dashboard]])
In general, it is very seldom that the Derby code is broken in such a way that it is impossible to compile it. When it happens, it is most often related to missing files from an incomplete Subversion check-in, or Java compiler version mismatches.
There are three ways to figure out if the newest Derby code in the source code repository builds (ordered after expected "freshness" / response time):
- ASF build services - Hudson
- Build failure report from Ole's tinderbox test
- Build failure report from a developer on derby-dev (the development list). For casual browsing,
Note that in some cases Hudson and the tinderbox test may be able to build Derby, but you will be unable to build Derby in your own environment. If that happens, and troubleshooting/investigation doesn't help, please send a mail to the Derby development list.
ASF build services
Some Derby committers have access to configure the Hudson build service. Please send questions / inquiries to the Derby development list. Currently, the following build jobs have been set up:
Derby-trunk (svn checked with 15 minutes interval)
Derby-branch-10.5 (svn checked with 30 minutes interval)
A mail will be sent to the Derby development list when a build failure occurs, including JavaDoc errors. In addition, a mail will also be sent to the committer that checked-in the code change that broke the build.
For general information regarding the Apache Software Foundation build services, see http://ci.apache.org
Ole's Tinderbox Test
Ole Solberg is kind enough to run a tinderbox test for the Derby community (amongst other things). When the process fails to build Derby, a mail will be sent to the Derby development list. A mail will also be sent if the test run fails. The subject of the mail will be something like this: Build Report - tinderbox_trunk16 636883 build failed - Sun DBTG [Auto-generated mail].
More detailed information can be found at http://dbtg.foundry.sun.com