Table of Contents
High level time line
- Volunteer to manage the release.
- Verify that your environment has all the tools you need to generate a release.
- Publish and correct the Release Notes.
For each release candidate:
- Adjust Release Notes as necessary.
- Adjust JIRA release ids and fix showstoppers which flunked the previous release candidate.
- Build new distributions and call a vote to vet them.
Once after candidate passes vote:
- Deploy distributions to the Apache mirrors.
- Deploy distributions to the maven repository.
- Tag the release and update miscellaneous references.
- Announce the new release.
Release process steps details
Snapshots and Quick Builds