Bug triage for Derby 10.5.2
After the rototill of the Derby JIRA issue types, components and check-boxes, we should conduct a bug triage of the currently open bugs to bring them all up-to-date. I have created this page to administer this effort.
I have grouped the currently open code bugs (i.e. I have exempted components "Documentation", "Test" and "Web Site") into chunks.
I found we have 367 open code bugs. Below, I have grouped these in chunks for you all to sign up to, with clickable links to the issues. Please assign yourself one or more chunk and help out by going over those issues and make sure they are correctly marked . Please see the JIRA field proposal version 1.1 here for the details on what has changed.
Up front, I have already adjusted the issue types, components and moved the check-boxes around a bit, as well as added some new ones.
So, for each open code issue, we should at least consider the following items:
- For bugs, check if it is really an Improvement
- That Components look correct.
- Validate Urgency (no open issue should have None in this field)
- New check-boxes in Issue and fix info section:
- known fix (if yes, can it be labeled Newcomer as well?)
- repro attached
- workaround attached
- New check-boxes in Bug behavior facts:
- Seen in production
- Evaluate existing check-boxes in Bug behavior facts given new definition:
- Consider issues for closing, if no repro exists and it is old (more than half a year). If filed by a user, I think we should ask for feed-back before we close.