remove Avalon link.
test page save time
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 139:||Line 139:|
|'''HowToBeWikiAdministrator''' ...help is always wanted. Read about what you can do!||'''HowToBeWikiAdministrator''' ...help is always wanted. Read about what you can do!!|
This is the top-level (General) Apache Wiki. It is maintained by the entire Apache community. Each project Wiki listed below is managed by the respective project community.
Welcome to the Apache Top-Level Wiki
A Wiki is a website which is editable over the web by it's users. This allows information to be more rapidly updated than traditional websites. Many Apache projects make active use of wikis for community support and for extra project information, in addition to their main project websites. This General Wiki is a top-level overview of other wikis at the Apache Software Foundation, as well as overall Foundation-level information, at the bottom of this page.
Rather than host all projects' wiki content in one wiki, we utilise moinmoin's "Wiki farm" feature to have per-project Wikis in a single installation. You must log in separately to each distinct Wiki you wish to edit (but we are working to change that).
Note that all official Apache project wikis are only served from either http://wiki.apache.org or from http://cwiki.apache.org.
Remember, if it's not at apache.org, it's not officially from the ASF.
Currently, the following project wikis are hosted here (see also our https://cwiki.apache.org/ installation):
General Wiki Pages about the ASF
This General wiki is a place for putting snippets of documentation that apply to the ASF as a whole or to the corporate aspects of the Foundation. The goal is to migrate the useful information here - once it's stable - to the main Apache site (ie http://www.apache.org/, http://www.apache.org/foundation, and http://www.apache.org/dev/ ) periodically.
- Committer Resources
Committers on Apache projects are welcome to list their other (non-ASF) projects on ApacheCommittersExternalProjects. Committers should also consider adding themselves to the http://people.apache.org/ website as well.
- Technical Information and Topics
- Headers for various source formats for the 2.0 license.
- How to apply those patches contributers send us cleanly and safely.
Information about the Apache JIRA instance
How to use git at Apache
- Analysis, Requirements and Design in order to manage the content of the ASF website
- Discussion of the requirements and proposed solutions for code signing
- Links, best practices, tips and tricks for the new (2010) Apache CMS
- Wiki to gather ideas for Google Code-in 2010
- Organizational Information and Topics
- A list of the various release guides for different Apache projects
- Listing of officers, bylaws, and other official organizational records of the ASF
- A brief overview of how the ASF works as a Foundation
- Documenting the ASF New Member election, voting and tallying process
- Documenting the ASF Board election, voting and tallying process
- Answers for questions like "how does feature XXX of this wiki work?", "how do I change configuration bit XXX?", and others.
Wiki admin requests
The Apache Infrastructure team administers all wikis on this site; you can contact them for help.
HowToBeWikiAdministrator ...help is always wanted. Read about what you can do!!