This wiki in the Apache Wiki Farm is for the Apache Gump project. Just as all apache committers are gump committers and are invited to help, this wiki is a community wiki and the entire gump community is invited to help maintain it. Feel free to change any part of this wiki if you think it improves things. If you wish to contribute, please create a user profile and log in. Unfortunately we've been receiving more spam than we can handle so after you have created your profile you need to ask on the gump mailinglist once and your profile will be granted the right to edit existing or create new pages.
getting started with gump? Having trouble figuring something out? If your question is not answered on the main gump site, chances are, it is here!
Gump3 is a substantial rewrite effort for gump. This is a collection of semi-random notes. If you're not a gump developer, you're not interested :-D
- The readme file in SVN.
- Very basic installation notes.
- Basic installation notes for running on windows.
- Command line options reference.
- Python has a javadocs-like module called pydoc. We try to keep one running on our server providing access to the pydoc for the gump codebase.
- A howto for debugging gump 3.
- Some slides with pretty pictures of some bits of architecture.
- Pointer to our MySQL table definitions.
A live Gump3 run using the configuration VmgumpConfig.
A checkout of the Gump repository trunk running on Mac OS X Server 10.4 using ClarusGumpConfig. Runs started manually for now until sufficient prerequisite problems are solved.
- Pointer to the gump.plugins source code which has notes on creating your own plugins for Gump3.
- Pointer to the page in jira where we track our development progress.
Design and documentation on gump and maven interaction. GumpAndMaven
- Description of the history of the python version of gump that is replacing the old java+xslt based version.
- Some notes about working on the Gump codebase (not the gump descriptors).
- Some design notes about the way Gump goes about its business.
- Some notes about the scripts available on Gump installations for Gump adminning.
- Some code documentation.
- Some more notes about those commandline scripts.
- Improving notification mails and/or micro-content notifications.
- Some notes/ideas on how Gump can/ought document it metadata and output.
- Some notes on Gump's interactions with databases (DBM, RDBMS).
- Some notes on the machines that run gump. Please add your machine here if it runs gump, especially if the results are published publicly.
Some notes on the various active Gump branches in SVN, their purpose and how to maintain them.
- An explanation why gump is currently not a good choice for "nightly builds", and pointers to the alternatives being worked upon.
- Some imaginary user profiles for gump. For whom are we building this thing?
- Gump builds quite a few projects, interacting with quite a selection of different programmers. So, it has quite a few use cases, and complex ones at that.
- How do people interact with gump? How do they expect to interact with gump?
The old index page is at GumpProjectPages. (Someone should clean that out :-D)
No one is working on this one:
- Work is in progress on a new paper introducing gump to its average new user. Intended for printing and leasury "coffee table reading".
'Special' Wiki pages
- A list of all pages on this wiki.
A basic guide to the MoinMoin wiki (including information about wiki syntax).
- A list of all the words that appear in the titles of the pages on this wiki, with links to pages that include that word.
- A full-text search of the wiki.
- All the "broken links" -- a list of all the pages on this wiki that are linked to, but do not exist.
- All pages on this wiki that are not linked to from anywhere else (and are thus very hard to reach).
- Generates a list of 75 random pages on this wiki.
- Generates a graph and some statistics about the sizes of pages on this wiki.
- Generates a graph of page views and page visits.
- Generates a graph of the web browsers used in visiting this page.
- Shows basic information about this wiki installation, the extensions it has installed, etc.