This page is OBSOLETE. Please see the HBase book http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#developer
Issue Priority Guidelines
This page describes the criteria you should use for deciding what serverity to apply to your issues filed in the HBase JIRA. This is a work in progress and is open to suggestions.
- Blocker: Should only be used if the issue WILL cause data loss or cluster instability reliably.
- Critical: The issue described can cause data loss or cluster instability in some cases.
- Major: Important but not tragic issues, like updates to the client API that will add a lot of much-needed functionality or significant bugs that need to be fixed but that don't cause data loss.
- Minor: Useful enhancements and annoying but not damaging bugs.
- Completely new features or completely cosmetic bugs.