converted to 1.6 markup
|No differences found!|
Cocoon 2.1.9 starts and seems to work normally on Harmony (IBM VME + Classlib).
- It cannot be built from source code using Harmony because the build tries to do this with com.sun.tools.javac.Main.
- I tried to make a wrapper with such name for Harmony javac but I got the error during build: "%COCOON%\tools\targets\compile-build.xml:54: Error starting modern compiler". Compiled code (up to version 2.0.4) can be downloaded from Cocoon site or built using RI compiler (any version).
While checking up the "Hello, World!" sample it was discovered that Cocoon failed to display the JPEG representation of that text because of this error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.JPEGCodec.
- A wrapper class put to compat.jar might solve the problem. I'm going to do this.
I have run the htmlunit tests on RI, Harmony Classlib + DRLVM and Harmony Classlib + IBM VME. One test (org.apache.cocoon.CachingPipelineTestCase) hangs on all implementations, so it was excluded. 48 tests have been run. The results are:
3 test failures on RI:
2 FileNotFoundException-s + 1 unexpected return result,
9 failures on Harmony classlib + IBM VME:
- 3 noted errors + 6 errors related to JPEG and PNG representation,
24 failures on Harmony classlib + DRLVM:
- 9 noted errors + 15 more errors. Some of them, look like this
"java.lang.RuntimeException: unexpected java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: inv8" where 8 changes to another integer values in different failures. And some look like: org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Sitemap: error calling function 'do_a'.