22nd Sept 2010: Harmony passes 100% of Lucene core tests with Lucene trunk.
Additionally all contrib modules and their tests pass, except the 'remote' contrib.
- Build Lucene
Checkout lucene trunk from subversion: svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk
- Change to the lucene directory
- Ensure JAVA_HOME points to harmony. Harmony needs to be at least r999725.
- Compile lucene: ant -Dbuild.compiler=extJavac
- Run tests
- ant test-core -Dbuild.compiler=extJavac
All of the contrib modules except 'remote' are also functional. For example, to build the xml-query-parser:
- Change to the contrib/xml-query-parser directory
- Compile: ant -Dbuild.compiler=extJavac
- Run tests: ant test -Dbuild.compiler=extJavac
1. Lucene currently does not have Harmony-specific support for the unmap hack in MMapDirectory.
- FSDirectory.open will return SimpleFSDirectory on Windows always, even 64-bit.
2. Because Harmony uses ICU for Unicode support, it implements a newer version of Unicode (5.2) than other Java implementations.
- If your index was built with another implementation, rebuild your index with Harmony to ensure queries will match.
- Alternatively, you can use Lucene's ICU analysis module (modules/analysis/icu) which does not rely on the JRE's Unicode support for text analysis.