These examples demonstrate the core functionality of XAP applications:
- Declarative UI - XML is used to create complex user interface
- Declarative update - ability to modify an existing UI via XML
- Server side event handling via XAL - work with any server that is capable of serving or generating XAL documents
These examples are using very simple styling - however CSS is fully supported and the look and feel can be customized as desired.
Demo Application: Updating Stock Quotes
This application provides simulated real time stock price information.
This sample updates a table in real time using data generated on the server. This sample uses Milestone 3 code.
Demo Application: Emergency Response System
This application is a simulated emergency response system that a user can view the location of ambulance, hospital and fire stations on a map, add/modify nodes and calcuate routes between different nodes.
All below samples and demos use Milestone 2 version.
This application demonstrates the plugin architecture; this allows developers to create XML syntax that can than be used within applications. In this application an XML tag called "gMap" is used to allow very simple integration with a third party component. See the bridges page for more details
A simple XAP application.
Client Side Logic
Server Side Modification
This example shows usage of XModify as a server document to update the user interface asynchronously and declaratively.
These applications demonstrate the available widgets provided by XAP.
3rd Party Demos
Rockstarapps.com host serveral demos built on the XAP runtime.
- Allows you to search Flickr's database and create Mobile Phone Wallpapers out of any photo you want. That's right, every photo in the Flickr database can be a Wallpaper for your phone. Try it out, it is easy as See It, Size It, Send It!
- This application use the Apache XAP project to integrate all three mapping technologies into one interface to compare their functionality and UI.