Add link to presentation
summary of Hackathon
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 49:||Line 49:|
== Summary of the Hackathon ==
* The Hackathon was quite a success even though not too much hacking has actually taken place. Half of the roughly 10 attendees where new to the project so we decided to turn this more into an intro session. Jukka and Michael gave a preview on their [[https://docs.google.com/presentation/pub?id=1Au_l3bQ2XEhM4nZ9fftOz8MuBcnhDguW3so_QcrxlMw&start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000|Oak presentation]] for .adaptTo 2012 and Jukka went through some coding examples showing how to write a custom commit hook for Oak. The code examples will become part of the NodeState model documentation. See https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/blob/trunk/doc/nodestate.md.
The September hackathon will be co-located with .adaptTo() 2012 - Berlin. It will start Tuesday September 25 at 9:00 (one day before the conference starts). In this hackathon we want to improve the Oak code base, but also give an opportunity for newcomers to learn about the project and take first steps. If there is interest the Oak hackathon can be extended as a side track during the whole conference.
pro!vision GmbH Wilmersdorfer Str. 50 10627 Berlin
NOTE: this is not the same location as where .adaptTo() Berlin will take place later the same week.
To find the entrance to pro!vision's offices I was given the following advice: "the entrance is directly beside 'Deichmann' and above it reads 'Techniker Krankenkasse'". The way to our meeting room in the 1st floor will be signposted.
Please add your wiki name to the list if you intent to participate.
- Jukka Zitting
- Marcus Assion
- Tommaso Teofili
- Tomasz Rękawek
- Angela Schreiber (afternoon)
Write access to this wiki is unfortunately restricted to approved accounts only due to spamming, so if you don't have write access, send a message to oak-dev@ so we can add you to the above list and/or grant you write access.
Topics and goals
The hackthon goals will depend on participants' interests and will be decided on site. Potential topics are:
- improve performance testing framework
- implement a search engine plugin
implementation of a micro kernel based on a NoSQL database: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-293
custom index configuration: http://markmail.org/message/bdgi77dd6wy2hkbp
virtual content: http://markmail.org/message/3fpssbdv6srabwx6
JAAS authentication in an managed environment: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-256
- Life cycle plugin to get rid of initialization code spread across the code base
Oak - the new repository. Session slides from .adaptTo() 2012 - Berlin.
Summary of the Hackathon
The Hackathon was quite a success even though not too much hacking has actually taken place. Half of the roughly 10 attendees where new to the project so we decided to turn this more into an intro session. Jukka and Michael gave a preview on their Oak presentation for .adaptTo 2012 and Jukka went through some coding examples showing how to write a custom commit hook for Oak. The code examples will become part of the NodeState model documentation. See https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/blob/trunk/doc/nodestate.md.