converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
|11. ["Using LGPL'd code"]. Also LGPL with Hibernate clause, LGPL with Classpath exception and MPL.||11. [[Using_LGPL'd_code]]. Also LGPL with Hibernate clause, LGPL with Classpath exception and MPL.|
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
| 16. Lucene to TLP - ["Lucene promotion to TLP"]
17. JCS to SLP - ["JCS promotion to SLP"]
4. ["Migrating to Subversion"]. - '''In progress.'''
| 16. Lucene to TLP - [[Lucene_promotion_to_TLP]]
17. JCS to SLP - [[JCS_promotion_to_SLP]]
4. [[Migrating_to_Subversion]]. - '''In progress.'''
This lists the issues currently facing Jakarta.
Priority last quarter:
Using_LGPL'd_code. Also LGPL with Hibernate clause, LGPL with Classpath exception and MPL.
Priority this quarter:
Lucene to TLP - Lucene_promotion_to_TLP
JCS to SLP - JCS_promotion_to_SLP
Migrating_to_Subversion. - In progress.
- Improved quality of releases?
- Remove dead mail list. JServ mentioned on mail2.html but seems dead.
- Archive dormant codebases. Alexandria, Watchdog, java@ code (find this stuff first).
- Migrate jetspeed mail+cvs and log4j cvs out of jakarta space.
- Fix mail archives for ecs-dev and oro-user mail lists.
Decide how to manage quieter/hibernated subprojects better. Alexandria, BCEL, BSF, ORO, Regexp, Watchdog all fit the bill. - BCEL has been resuscitated
- Security process. Is it obvious how security problems are handled? Do we have active security liaisons per subproject?
Wiki vandalism. Are all our wiki's monitored by a mailing list? Need a jakarta-wiki page to point to the sub-wikis - Jakarta wiki page exists now
List moderation coverage. - Got a report on these, a few lesser used lists might need covering
- ASF Licence 2.0. Any major work left to do? Need a script to check that no ASL 1.0's exist in CVS.
The charter is out of date and needs much discussion. - An update has now been made to the charter.
Need to continue adding to the PMC. - The PMC size now seems to cover the projects well and should be adding people one at a time as they are nominated.
Jakarta-Commons/ASF-Commons confusion. - ASF Commons is now dead.
Obtaining a site-wide licence for Clover. - DONE - cvs:committers/donated-licenses/clover
Downloads pages are difficult to use. -- Some irritation over JDK 1.5/1.4 issues, but done