converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
|6. Removal of information that may be found at [http://www.apache.org/dev/], the Incubator or other ASF locations.||6. Removal of information that may be found at [[http://www.apache.org/dev/]], the Incubator or other ASF locations.|
|Line 62:||Line 62:|
|1. Migrate to Subversion - ["Site2 Conversion Instructions"]. - '''DONE'''||1. Migrate to Subversion - [[Site2_Conversion_Instructions]]. - '''DONE'''|
Plan for the future of the Jakarta site
(Hen unless otherwise stated or volunteers step forward)
- Vendor page
- Newsletter Editor page - move to wiki? kill?
- Reference library - partly to a generic Java page and partly to a generic CVS page.
- packageversioning* (nothing links to this)
- versioning.html (nothing links to this)
- idedevelopers.html (nothing links to this)
- proposal.html (way out of date)
- Flatten Project Guidelines and all the other 'how to' pages into a shallower structure.
Move JSPA stuff to www.apache.org. Geir.
- Translation sites. What to do about them.
Removal of information that may be found at http://www.apache.org/dev/, the Incubator or other ASF locations.
- Download improvements:
Update to include nightly snapshots at http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/
- Change filenames from 1.0.zip to project-1.0.zip. Do this by making the name equal the filename if no name is specified.
- Remove Commons from Commons components?
Migration of reference pages into Foundation. Robert - ONGOING
- Update mail.html page. Some lists may be dead and the stated noise of each list is incorrect.
- Generated project info pages to replace mail, cvs/svn, jira/bugzilla/scarab, wiki parts. Would also link to the download page for said project. Could grow to cover Java@Apache.
- Javadoc index/directory.
- Java@Apache considerations. Indexing systems for javadoc, jars, downloads etc. IRC channel? Java-based reference pages?
- Increasingly simplify the site's HTML and improve its CSS.
2005 copyright update. - DONE
Cleanup of dead parts of the site. - DONE
Removal of Anakia build and usage of Ant/XSL as the only build system. - DONE
Move site/news.* to redirects instead of meta refreshes. Also agreement.html. - DONE
See if PRC will take Acknowledgements - DONE
Figure out how to remove idedev-*.html. Tomcat pages in jakarta-site2. - DONE
Why are meta tags being generated as bad xml? Is it the doctype of loose? - FIXED
The generated html could definitely do with pretty printing. - DONE
- New look site.
Switch to three-column display - DONE
Modification of XSL system to support mockup. - DONE
Use of CSS. - DONE
Tighter front page (tighter welcome message, new text under Products) - DONE
- Delete content:
Remove licence renewal and news blog from Headlines section. Rename Headlines to News. -DONE
Acknowledgements page - Redirect to http://www.apache.org/foundation/thanks.html
Elsewhere news - KEEPING
Our Mission -DONE
Related project table -DONE (site/java_at_apache.html)
Rename Graduated to Ex-Jakarta. - DONE
- Removal of silly pages:
jon.html (and images) - DONE
love.html - DONE
idiot.html - DONE
os.html - DONE (redirect added)
- Removal of dead pages:
methodology.html (nothing links to this) - DONE (redirect added)
jakarta-site-*.html (4 pages, with various links to them; however the content is bad) - DONE (rewritten)
Move Legal link from navbar to bottom of page. -DONE
Migrate to Subversion - Site2_Conversion_Instructions. - DONE
Improvement of download pages. Creation of cgi pages. - Hen - [DownloadPages] - DONE
Remove other-releases.html page. - DONE
SVN information in addition to CVS information. - DONE
Posting of board reports to the site. - DONE - http://jakarta.apache.org/site/pmc/board-reports.html
Move 'In Memoriam' to the whoweare.html page in Feb 2005. - DONE
Switch google link to a form. - DONE