|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
||| Apache || https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?s=incubator-jclouds || The main and official repositories |||||| Apache || https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?s=jclouds || The main and official repositories |||
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
|git remote add asf https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-jclouds.git||git remote add asf https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/jclouds.git|
The Git repositories
The jclouds Git repositories are hosted in the ASF infrastructure, but there are also mirrors in Github. This is the current repository layout:
The main and official repositories
Mirrors from the ASF repositories, used to accept contributions and do code reviews
Rules of thumb
Every contribution is a piece of intellectual property. This is the precious sustenance that nourishes our project. Please treat it with respect. If it's sufficiently complex, or from a large corporate entity, ensure there is an ICLA or CCLA on file that covers the contribution. Asking in #jclouds or #asf will probably be the easiest way to get an answer.
- ALWAYS give credit where it is due, ensure EVERY merged commit reflects properly the individual who authored that commit. Preserve both the name and email address.
- Ensure your name and email address are there as the committer prior to pushing it to the Apache repositories.
- Always strive for linear commit history, avoid merge commits while pulling in contributor's changes.
Commiting the changes to the ASF repo
- Save the patch from the Github patch link (just append '.patch' to the pull request link to get it). This patch will keep the authorship of the commit, so we should use it instead of the diff.
- If the commit message needs to be edited, edit it in the patch file.
- Pull the changes in the ASF repository to make sure you have the latest version of the master branch.
git remote add asf https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/jclouds.git git fetch asf git checkout master git rebase asf/master
- Apply the patch preserving the original author:
git am JCLOUDS-XX.patch
- Run a build to make sure everything works as expected after applying the patch and push the changes once the build succeeds.
mvn clean install git push asf master
- If there are no issues with the applied patch, attach the patch file to the JIRA issue, and mark it as Resolved.
- Close the pull request and leave a comment saying it has been merged.