|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
|* Here's a precompiled package for convenience: [[attachment:firedocs-lenya-full-1.2.4.xpi]]||* Here's a precompiled package for convenience: [[attachment:firedocs-lenya-full.xpi]]|
- Server (Lenya)
- Current SVN version of BRANCH_2_0_X
- We assume that modules.copy is set to "false" in local.build.properties.
- MacOSX, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux
- Firefox 3.0.x (recommended) or 2.0.x
- Java 1.5 or 1.6 Update 7
Download and Installation
Here's a precompiled package for convenience: firedocs-lenya-full.xpi
- Install the Firedocs add-on for Firefox: Drag firedocs-lenya-full.xpi on the Firefox window
- Restart Firefox
- Launch the Firedocs editor using the icon in the top right corner of the Firefox window
Building the Extension
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/contributions/2_0_X -> this will be $CONTRIB_HOME
- Add $CONTRIB_HOME/modules and $CONTRIB_HOME/pubs to local.build.properties
- Rebuild Lenya: Firedocs will be downloaded and the installer will be created: $CONTRIB_HOME/modules/firedocs/dist/firedocs-lenya-full.xpi
http://www.unicms.uzh.ch/about/firedocs/probleme.html (German only)
- Problem (seen on 04/2009) :
- When you try to edit a document with Firedocs, the "completion bar" stops on the "Schema loaded" item (~50%)
- Solution :
- From java 6_10, there is a new way to deal with java plugin (Next generation Plug-in), this new way is not supported by Firedocs.
So, to work with Firedocs, you have to deactivate the Next Generation Java Plugin : Java Control Panel -> Extensions -> Java-Plug-In
Documentation : http://www.java.com/en/download/help/new_plugin.xml
- The same behaviour may also be seen when using the Java Plugin from OpenJDK - switch to Sun Java in that case.
Editing the Lenya Documentation with Firedocs
Before you can edit a document, you have to execute these steps. This is necessary only once for each document.
Set the MIME type of the document to "application/forrest+xml" (Site Area -> Meta Data)
Edit the document with the source editor, set the namespace to "http://apache.org/forrest/document/v20"