- Seperate Functionality from core
- Create a 3rd party plugin ecosystem
can likely be implemented using UsecaseFramework
- fallback:/ pseudo protocol
- XPatch at runtime (???)
- Extension versus inheritance
To be clarified
- What does a plugin consist of
- How should plugins be handled in Lenya
- Do plugins apply only to authoring or to live as well?
- Are plugins the same as blocks in Cocoon?
- Should plugins be a compile time or a runtime feature?
(by J. Wolfgang and Torsten (without "h"))
Define a PluginExperimentPublication in trunk
- Implement a publication specific LenyaCMSMenuGenerator Avalon component which
will read an XML file with structure similar to the result of today's Default publication generic.xsl.
will replace placeholders in the XML menu skeleton with menu options supplied by plugins: for example EditorPlugins
- the rest of the menu.xmap pipeline will remain unchanged for now
Develop a publication specific BXE EditorPlugin as an example to proof the concept