Log4j To Do List
If you would like to take on one of these tasks, send an email to log4j-dev.
Write more test cases for Plugin , PluginRegistry , SocketReceiver , SocketHubAppender , and JMSReceiver classes.
Write Watchdog implementations for FileWatchdog , HttpWatchdog , and SocketWatchdog .
- Chainsaw Enhancements
- Configurable Display panel formatter/ing
- Finalise Receiver configuration panel (including Thresholding)
- Ensure Chainsaw works out of the box with minimal configuration (allow user to define Receivers post startup)
Update documentation & Examples
- Make available as Java Web Start appl
Write more test cases for the org.apache.log4j.filter package.
Write a LoggerMatchFilter class for the filter package that matches a set of Loggers by name.
Extend the org.apache.log4j.servlet.ConfigServlet :
- to display a hierarchical view of the current loggers.
- allow the setting of different levels per logger, even if logger not currently created.
Modify org.apache.log4j.servlet.InitServlet to be independent of a context repository selector. Or at least be configurable as to which one it uses.
- Implement a JNDI context repository selector.