A Listing Of Log4j Related External Resources
LogWeb servlet-based Log4j configuration facility (open source)
VigiLog log file viewer (open source)
log4jdbc SQL/JDBC logger (open source)
JAMon monitoring tool (open source) - JAMon provides a Log4j Appender that will
- Aggregate how many messages of each Level have been logged(DEBUG/WARN/...) and when each of these were last invoked
- Allow you to view a 'tail' of each Levels most recent messages via a JAMon web page
- Count how many messages of any given content that have been sent to your log (i.e. 'Invalid login by user X'),
- JAMon also provides a wealth of other realtime stats such as SQL Performance metrics, page hit times, and more.
- No code changes are required to do any of this!
More info on the JAMonAppender
Layered Configurator A configurator that uses other configurators in sequence, and can use system properties as substitution variables(open source)
Log4j tutorial, examples, log4j.properties vs. log4j.xml, Best practices for logging and exception handling, Tomcat configuration monitor, monitors changes to logfiles and updates the log4j configuration.
中文 Log4j 手册 Chinese translation of Ceki Gülcü's famous Introduction to Log4j
Other External Project Listings
Log4j Related Resources - Articles, Books, Links, Utilities.