The SpamAssassin Logo Contest
The contest is now closed! See LogoDetails for up-to-date downloads.
OK, we've been doing some thinking, and we think the SpamAssassin project needs a new logo to replace the creaky old one, especially now that we're about to release 3.0.0 as an Apache project. You are invited to offer up your ideas.
- Submitting your idea...
Submissions: If you have an idea to submit, please go to LogoContestEntries and append it to the bottom of the page.
- The contest is open until 6 Aug 2004.
- Entries are accepted from everyone, and you can submit as many entries as you like.
- Selecting the winner...
- Submitters should...
- Provide a main logo, for the website front page. The current logo is 421 pixels wide by 160 high, so something in that rough ballpark would be good.
- Be prepared to provide a high-res, printable version of that logo; at least 1000x380. We'll need the source; either SVG for vector images, or XCF or PSD or for pixel images (PNG if really unavoidable), a scalable vector format is optimal as the source format.
the winner would have to be happy to assign rights to the image over to the ASF so it can be used freely by SpamAssassin, permission given to use it in books, on merchandise, etc. Authorship, however, is preserved -- and we will credit the designer in the CREDITS file in the distribution and on the website. (This is performed using the ASF's Contributor's License Agreement; see http://www.apache.org/licenses/ for details.)
- Design themes...
- we want something that feels right for the project, hint: images of death and blood might not feel right to us.
For your reference, the original logo elements, including several closeup pics of the ninjas, the Apache feather, the original in Gimp XCF format, the ninjas with background removed in XCF, and the more recent revision in XCF, can be downloaded here: http://taint.org/saimgs/logosrc/ . They can be used freely (consider them under the same license as SpamAssassin itself). (ps: yep, the text in the old image is just an old "make money fast" spam.).
See also the LogoContestDiscussion.