Revision 1 as of 2006-03-13 06:49:33
add Shale road map page
converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
|||<rowbgcolor="#FFFFE0">[http://struts.apache.org/struts-shale/index.html Shale Home]||[:Shale:Wiki Home]||[:Shale/UserDocs:User Docs]||[:Shale/SiteMap:Index]||[:Shale/WikiGuidelines:Guidelines]||[:../:Go Up]||||||<rowbgcolor="#FFFFE0">[[http://struts.apache.org/struts-shale/index.html|Shale Home]]||[[Shale|Wiki Home]]||[[Shale/UserDocs|User Docs]]||[[Shale/SiteMap|Index]]||[[Shale/WikiGuidelines|Guidelines]]||[[../|Go Up]]|||
Short Term Roadmap
The following bullets define a short term roadmap of functionality that should be included before an initial release of this technology:
- Provide View Controller support for subviews (things included via Request Dispatcher include calls) - DONE!
- Integration of transparent Spring bean generation in the managed beans facility - DONE!
- Integration of Commons Validator for client- and server-side validation support - DONE!
- Integration of Commons File Upload for file upload support
- Integration of Struts Tiles (or, more likely, the standalone variant of Tiles being proposed for incubation) for templating support - DONE!
- Refinements to the View Controller and Dialog Controller APIs for even easier use, and robustness in the face of exceptions thrown by application logic
- Fleshing out the unit test framework (struts-shale-test) with mocks for the remaining framework APIs
- Instrumenting the Use Cases example app with unit tests using the test framework. - DONE!
Explore integration with "workflow" technologies like Spring Web Flow and Beehive's PageFlows.
Long Term Roadmap
Longer term plans (but could be incorporated into an initial release if sufficient developer interest exists to make it happen):
- Add some JSF components to provide easy developer access to these sorts of facilities, plus examples of how they can be used