converted to 1.6 markup
|No differences found!|
Thrift is a software framework for scalable cross-language services development. Thrift allows you to define data types and service interfaces in a simple definition file. Taking that file as input, the compiler generates code to be used to easily build RPC clients and servers that communicate seamlessly across programming languages.
Incubating since May 2008
- The SVN repository has been moved to Apache.
- Mailing lists and JIRA have been set up.
- Have 9 committers (6.5 from Facebook, 2.5 not from Facebook).
- Adapt to the JIRA workflow.
- Improve (wiki) documentation.
- Complete a release cycle plan. (What/when/how defines the release of a version?)
- Find and establish best practices of Git as a contribution tool. (Background: we are very happy with the way Git worked for us before incubation, and we want to find a way to make it continue to work within the Apache Way).
- Finish rounding up Software Grant forms.