Axis2 Complete Features List
- AXIOM, an XML object model working on StAX (Streaming API for XML) parsing optimized for SOAP 1.1/1.2 Messages. This has complete XML infoset support.
- Support for One-Way Messaging (In-Only) and Request Response Messaging (In-Out)
- Module Architecture, mechanism to extend the SOAP Processing Model
- Module version support , can have multiple versions of the same module and use them depending on the requirement.
- Content hierarchy
- Archive based deployment Model and Directory based deployment model
- JWS like deployment (making Java class into Web service)
- WSDL Code Generation Tool for Stub and skeletons
- WS-Addressing, both the submission (2004/08) and final (2005/08) versions
- WSS4J module for security
- Improved and user friendly Client API
- WSDL2Java and Java2WSDL
- REST (REpresentational State Transfer) Support
- Transports supports: HTTP, SMTP, TCP, JMS
- Raw XML providers
- Support for MTOM/ MIME/ SwA
- SAAJ implementation
- Pack/Unpack capability for the generated code- New Feature
- Axis Data Binding - ADB (Framework and Schema Compiler)
- Numerous bug fixes since last release
Transport framework improvements (ListenerManager)- New
AxisServlet auto start when application server get start up- New
Module dis-engagemnt support- New
Loading module (.mar) from classpath- New
Sessions scoping for Application, SOAP, Transport and Request levels- New
Axis2 Experimental Features List
Server side & client side Web Service Policy support
- ?wsdl and ?xsd support
Generating ServiceClient for a given WSDL and invoke the corresponding service using generated client.
Major changes since last release
Transport framework improvements (ListenerManager)
- Changed the way of adding action to mapping (wsamapping) from parameter to child element so with this version onward the way of adding mapping is as follows
- Refactored following packages in Axiom.
- org.apache.ws.commons.om.impl.llom.builder to org.apache.ws.commons.om.impl.builder
- org.apache.ws.commons.om.impl.llom.mtom to org.apache.ws.commons.om.impl.mtom
- org.apache.ws.commons.om.impl.llom.serialize to org.apache.ws.commons.om.impl.serialize
- org.apache.ws.commons.om.impl.llom.traverse to org.apache.ws.commons.om.impl.traverse
Tools included in this Release
- Axis2 Web Application (Web App)
- WSDL2WS- Command line version
What's still to do?
See list of what we think needs to be done, and consider helping out if you're interested & able!
- JAX-RPC 1.1 and/or JAX-WS compliance
- SOAP Encoding
- Binary serialization and de-serialization support
- Management Interface for Axis2
- Implementation of other Transports.
- Resource framework implementation (WS-RF) and Enterprise web services such as JSR 109 support
- Completion of Interop tests