Axis2 1.1 Release
As per the vote and later postpone message, we are planning to have the Axis2 1.1 release on 29th September 2006.
Release progress of Axis2's dependent projects
- Axiom: Done
XmlSchema : positive, Hopefully in the week starting from 18th Sep.
- Woden : positive
- Neethi2 - positive. Please update us about the *progress* of Axis2 integration.
- Jibx - Positive
- Need status of certain modules within Axis2. These modules are currently not part of the nightly build snapshots
- Jaxbri ?
- Jibx - Positive
- Spring - Positive
- (If we do not get satisfactory feedback, the release will be done *without* the above modules.)
- ADB unwrapping support - Done
- Setting custom HTTP headers through the client API - Done
- Attachment API - Done
- Public wsdls like ebay/salesforce/google/amazon should work
- support xsi:type - done
- helper generation
- http stubs and skels
Fix Blockers in JIRA
Completed Features List
- AXIOM, an XML object model working on StAX (Streaming API for XML) parsing optimized for SOAP 1.1/1.2 Messages. This has complete XML infoset support.
- Support for One-Way Messaging (In-Only) and Request Response Messaging (In-Out).
- Module Architecture, mechanism to extend the SOAP Processing model.
- Module version support, can have multiple versions of the same module and use them depending on the requirement.
- Context hierarchy
- Archive based deployment model and Directory based deployment model
- JWS like deployment (making Java class into Web service)
- WSDL Code Generation tool for stubs and skeletons
- WS-Addressing, both the submission (2004/08) and final (2005/08) versions
- WSS4J module for security (Apache Rampart)
- Improved and user friendly Client API
- WSDL2Java and Java2WSDL
- REST (REpresentational State Transfer) Support
- Transports supports: HTTP, SMTP, TCP, JMS
Raw XML & RPC providers
- Support for MTOM/ MIME/ SwA
- SAAJ implementation
- DOOM (OM DOM implementation)
- Pack/Unpack capability for the generated code
- Axis Data Binding - ADB (Framework and Schema Compiler)
Transport framework improvements (ListenerManager)
- Module disengagemnt support
- Loading modules (.mar files) from classpath
- Sessions scoping for Application, SOAP, Transport and Request levels
- Server side and client side Web service Policy support
- ?wsdl and ?xsd support
Dynamic ServiceClient generation for a given WSDL and invoking the corresponding service using generated client
- WSDL fault handling (fault code generation)
SOAP 1.1 & 1.2, and HTTP binding generation (?wsdl)
- Streaming Attachments support for MTOM(SOAP Message Transamission Optimization Mechanism)
- URL based deployment mechanism (starting Axis with remote repository)
- Unexpanded war support (location of axis2.xml and repository can be specified in web.xml )