Proposal for Mirae - A Web services subproject to implement JSR 172
Mirae is a Web services sub-project to implement JSR 172. JSR 172 provides support for accessing Web services on the J2ME platform. It will deliver two new features to the J2ME platform:
- 1) Accessing SOAP based remote Web services from the J2ME platform. 2) Giving XML parsing support to the J2ME platform.
ABOUT THE NAME: "Mirae" (pronounced 'mee re' (as in 'red')) means future in Korean. Also the Japanese word for future is "Mirai" .. which is nearly the same.
(1) Scope of the sub project
The purpose of this subproject is to create and maintain an implementation of the JSR-172 "J2ME Web Services" Specification (see: http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=172).
(2) Identify the initial source from which the subproject is to be populated
Ias also has a prototype of parts of JSR 172 implemented. The team of Damitha, Jeyakumaran, Kurinchikumaran and Thayapavan, has used the parser api (Which is implemented by Ias) and implemented the webservices api. The work has necessary documentation, testcases and all are automated.
(3) Identify the Web services resources to be created
(3.1) Mailing list(s)
- mirae-dev mirae-user
(3.2) SVN repository
(5)Identify the initial set of committers
Changshin Lee(Ias) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ruchith Gunaratne (email@example.com)
Kurinchikumaran Thavarajah (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sanjiva Weerawarana (email@example.com)
Note that Ias, Sanjiva, Jeyakumaran, Damitha and Vairamuthu are already Apache committers.
(6) Current State
- RPC/(Encoded and Literal) and Document/Literal support
(7) identify apache sponsoring individual
Davanum Srinivas (firstname.lastname@example.org)