What is the procedure for submitting patches (for Axis)?
Get latest Axis code from SVN ("svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis/java axis")
- Make your changes
- Run "ant clean all-tests" from the root directory (to ensure that the patch does not break any existing tests)
- Run "svn diff" from the root directory (save output in say "diff.txt")
- Create a zip file with "diff.txt" and other new files (if any).
Create a new bug report in JIRA http://issues.apache.org/jira (if there isn't one already).
- Use the attachment link in the bugzilla bug entry to upload the zip file. You can only do this after the report is created.
- New tests and documentation help a lot. The docs to show your patch works, the tests for others to use it.
- Participate in the axis-dev mail list to make sure your patch doesn't get forgotten.
More details: IDE Developers' Guide