A compilation of use-case scenarios people are currently working on or think would be useful to have.
These are divided into two sections: end-to-end scenarios that relate to how people would use Tuscany, and technology scenarios that illustrate how to use a specific feature.
SL - To me the "end to end" scenarios section is not significantly different from the technology samples. I'm not saying I disagree with the intent but I would like to see us express the end to end scenarios in business problems that potential users would recognize,
These scenarios demonstrate the role of SCA in various different categories of IT solution.
- A web application that demonstrates flexible and speedy aggregation of features. Use SCA to present the aggregatable functions as services and also to pre-aggergate some services for convenience. Use bindings such as JSON for client access.
Banking (BigBank?) / Retail example of role SCA can play in a customer oriented web site.
- A set of business level services that are expected to interact (or be orchestrated) across an SOA fabric, e.g. could be something like celtix providing the ESB type function but the emphasis here is process flows and services interacting across different runtimes.
- The use of services to virtualize processes or data. For example, we can have an SCA component implement a pseudo buisness process and have JMS bindings on the wires to the components implementing the process activities. Hence we can move runtimes about physically withough affecting the process.
- Another take is to demonstrate our ability to redeploy components local / to remote without recoding.
- Wiring up WSDM/MUSE services to do something useful. Present a console for management status reporting? Or Demonstrate how we could use wiring to automate management processes.
- Use a wired series of SCA components in and ETL scenrario. Use the ability to rewire to change aspects of the process.
- Data federation as a wired set of services.
- How an ISV can adopt SCA as the platform for product development. Using features of SCA to enable reconfiguration and extension of product that is ultimately shipped on to their customer.
- Not sure about this one. SCA can certainly describe and compose the services of one organisation. If two parties in a
- BI scenario want to take the SCA approach then potentially you could image using SCA to describe the aggregation of services into a cross orgranisational system.
- Areas that we wouldn't concentrate on Compute Intesive, Desktop Apps, Real Time, ?
End to end scenarios
These examples show end user experiences, such as accessing a service (or assembly) via JSF or API. The focus of these is to guide the user step by step through building an end to end application
Accessing a Service
These scenarios show how to use specific pieces of technology within Tuscany and demonstrate the operation of the runtime and its extensions.
Simple container demonstrates creating a simple extension for supporting Java POJO component types, designed for tutorials
Simple container demonstrates creating a simple binding extension, designed for tutorials
System services are extensions to the core runtime that provide functionality used by other extensions or serve as extension points themselves.