ApacheCon US 2009 has MeetUps too!
During ApacheCon Europe 2009 in Amsterdam, several Apache projects hosted well-attended "Apache MeetUps"
The following Meetups are scheduled for ApacheCon Europe 2009, in Amsterdam:
Monday 23rd (BarCamp during the day)
19:00 - 22:00 Maven Meetup 31 attendees and counting..
19:00 - 22:00 Portals Meetup 20 attendees and counting..
19:00 - 22:00 Wicket Meetup 52 attendees and counting..
20:00 - 22:00 JCR/Jackrabbit/Sling Meetup 27 attendees and counting..
19:00 - 22:00 Lucene Meetup 34 attendees and counting..
SIGN UP HERE: Sign up form
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre Piet Heinkade 11, Amsterdam
If you'd like to organize an evening Meetup this year, please contact Arjé Cahn at email@example.com. We have room for 6 Meetups in total, 3 on Monday 23rd and 3 on Tuesday 24th of March, between 18:00 and 23:00.
What is a Meetup?
A Meetup is defined as:
- Organized by the members of the project community itself
- Covering an Apache project (like Wicket, Cocoon, Jackrabbit, Portals, etc)
- Having an open agenda, for which anyone can propose a talk, covering a wide range of subjects
- Bring together a diverse crowd: committers, users and people merely interested in a specific project
- Free or 'real cheap' for attendees (depending on sponsoring)
Also, Meetups generally:
- Happen during evenings or in off-peak hours
- Come with beers
Are supposed to be fun
Things that worked out well in previous Meetups:
- Keep it short: short talks of about 15 to 30 minutes in length keep the audience's attention