sunDance NG is a Content Management System that uses Cocoon for the publishing side of things. The product itself is split into a client application (based on Eclipse), a WebDAV Server and the publishing engine (Cocoon).
The sunDance client is built on top of the Eclipse IDE. Here is a list of functionality:
- Authentication (see below)
- Role based access
- Organisation in projects
- Folder hierarchy as tree view
- Content creation via integrated XML editor
- Content maintenance via integrated XML editor
- Release resources to live server
- Versioning / archiving
- Author name as property
- Generate list of resources not yet released
- Various datatypes
- Editor of choice
- Upload functionality for images etc.
- Automatic schema validation of folder content
- Visual assignments of stylesheets
- SSL support
- Integrated WYSIWYG editor (optional)
sunDance Web Client
The sunDance Web client is built on Cocoon components. It provides most authoring needs in a browser like navigating the folder hierarchy and creating/editing content. It comes ready for integration with the authentic browser plugin for WYSIWYG editing (IE Win).
The sunDance client connects to a WebDAV enabled server for data storage. The actual functionality of sunDance is in fact determined to some extent by the WebDAV server used. Not all servers support the full set of functionality.
To date, sunDance has been tested with:
- Software AG's Tamino WebDAV Server
- Apache Slide.
sunDance uses Cocoon for the publishing side. The added funtionality includes:
- WebDAV source for Cocoon
WebDAV!DirGenerator for navigation bar
The user management is Cocoon based and can integrate into databases, files or LDAP directories.
The first version of sunDance is scheduled to be released at the beginning of 2003.
For more information please contact mailto:email@example.com.