Here's a blue sky idea of what I'd like to setup. There are a lot of ties with a classic automated-build system (gump, damagecontrol) but that's not the important part.
- Fire when change made to CVS; but don't fire too often.
- Generate and deploy new website for developers, containing many Maven reports (some mentioned in later bullets).
- Update the build.xml via maven each time project.xml is changed, or project.properties?
- Update the gump descriptors each time a project.xml is changed.
- Update a wrapping interface that allows cross-referencing of many of the Maven reports.
- Generate a jdiff report against the last released version.
- Use rsync rather than maven site:deploy to save on bandwidth.
- Should apply to sandbox'd items too; though should separate sandbox and components.
- A top-level report showing the dependencies between various components.
I'd like the wrapping interface for the release site too. This would probably be updated nightly and then rsync'd.
Obviously I'm (HenriYandell) tied to my own tools and need kicking to use something else. I'd use an improved variant of Integration for the automated developer site and Multidoc as the wrapping-interface.