A Manual for new Commons committers
Idea being that we bring the various how-to's and guides into one centralised document/book/site/thing. It should be both easily viewable online, and printable so you can sit on the toilet and read about our goings on.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Commons - What it's all about.
- Communication. How to use the mailing lists. Voting.
- Subversion information. How to check code out.
- Maven information. How to build.
- Site information. How to generate the site. How to upload your changes.
- Releasing. How to release.
- PMC. What it's there for.
- Legal. How to not screw-up.
- How the sandbox works / how components get promoted / how components get made dormant/active/dead.
- Programming guidelines.
The following links contain material to fill the above with: