A visit to the conference venue will be happening on Thursday 26th July. For more details, please see this mailing list post.
- Paul Goetz
- Nick Burch
- Rainer Jung
- Elizabeth Garcia
- At least one volunteer who can take notes, to post back to the mailing list
- At least one volunteer with a nice camera, who can take venue photos
Questions to be asked during the visit
Please feel free to add any questions you think need to be covered!
- Room layouts (preferably with a plan)
I think we may already have this?
- Need to check if we have the latest version, and publish
- Possible room configurations
Two floors, one able to hold 3x100 or 1x300, one able to hold 2x100 or 1x200
- Need confirmation on how exact these figures are
- Capacity of rooms (not just session rooms)
- Food options (in house only, outside allowed, options)
- Need confirmation of what's going to be covered by the SAP sponsorship
- Need options+costs for expanding from just the basic catering
- Catering options+costs for evening events
- Catering options+costs for hackathon rooms/meeting rooms
- Which evening(s) can we run events on?
- What's the cost per night for keeping the venue open for talks?
- Does it vary with numbers attending, how late it stays open etc?
- What's the latest we can have the venue until if we're paying?
- If we don't pay extra to keep the venue open late, when would it close?
- Catering for the evening (see above)
- Pre/Post Conference
Availability of space at venue / nearby for pre-conference and post-conference BarCamp and/or Hackathons?
- If space is available, what catering options+costs?
- Confirm when we can get access to start setup, and when we need to be gone by?
- How much of the setup/teardown is covered by the venue staff?
- Internet capacity (actual not claimed - my experience is they are often wildly different - especially when hit with 300 bandwidth hungry hackers)
- how many APs, (and are they a,b,g,n?)
- will they permit us to add APs if necessary.
- Do they perform any egress filtering (ssh and IRC are the obvious concerns here) and if so, anyway to turn it off.
- What are the external IP addresses (assuming they are NATing - we need this info so that we can request an iline from freenode, so that we don't get banned when 300 people show up)
- audio/visual provision
- Including if we'll be able to plug in our audio recorders, to capture what the speaker said like at ACNA11
- Options and costs for venue provided video recording.
- power provision
- specifically do they have powerstrips/extension cords for each table/row of chairs
- would we be allowed to use "universal" powerstrips if we provided them? Or can only official german plugs be used?
- accessibility (don't assume that the building being accessible will mean all rooms are)
- registration area
- on floor plan
- reception/relaxing area
- on floor plan
- exhibitors area - where can it be, how large etc
- Confirmation on parking situation for attendees
General Info Needed
Initially this sort of info will be collected on the Where To Go In Sinsheim wiki page, later we'll probably move it to the main ACEU site.
Some of this is already known and on the wiki, some may be found during the site visit, some of it will come later.
- Eating, Entertainment Information
- Local restaurants available
- Bars and other hostelries
Some info is on the wiki, needs expanding
- Local Hotel Accommodation
- More info on hotels that are very local
- More advice on nearby towns (eg tie up with transport info)
- Bit more on which airports to look at, and how to get between them and the venue
- Expand the transport options from nearby places that people might be staying