Remove ancient info
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|= Deprecation Policy =
Apache Cordova follows a MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH version schema.
1. All public API method signatures will remain available between MAJOR releases. A signature is considered public if it is documented in the Cordova docs.
1. All JS signatures that are slated for deprecation will have deprecation notices added via console.log to give developers sufficient warning.
1. All native signatures will have analogue shims to maintain backward compatibility. It is recommended, if possible, these shims exist in discreet files and have a companion JIRA ticket assigned to the next MAJOR release for removal.
1. This page is for upcoming deprecations. This policy first came into place with Android 2.0.0.
1. On the mailing list, we adopted a 3 release deprecation policy by consensus: http://markmail.org/thread/46t6khgudddrzjcq#query:+page:1+mid:de4rmoh362bv7ckw+state:results
== deprecation philosophy ==
All technology deprecates with time.
The ultimate purpose of !PhoneGap is to cease to exist.
-- "!PhoneGap Beliefs, Goals, and Philosophy" http://phonegap.com/2012/05/09/phonegap-beliefs-goals-and-philosophy/