Add other platforms, wikify
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|Apache Cordova is a suite of smaller sub projects that tackles specific problem spaces. Currently Apache Cordova encompasses the following:||Apache Cordova is a suite of smaller sub projects for specific problem spaces.|
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
| * Apple iOS
* Apple Mac OSX (for desktop applications)
* Google Android
* RIM !BlackBerry WebWorks
* Windows Phone 7 and 8
* Windows 8 (for desktop applications)
* Samsung Bada
* HP webOS
| * [[https://github.com/apache/cordova-cli|Command line]]
* [[https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho|Development automation helper]]
* [[https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugman|Plugin management]]
* [[https://github.com/apache/cordova-medic|Automated Integration/Testing]]
* [[https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios|Apple iOS]]
* [[https://github.com/apache/cordova-android|Google Android]]
* [[https://github.com/apache/cordova-blackberry|BlackBerry WebWorks]]
* [[https://github.com/apache/cordova-wp8|Windows Phone 7 and 8]]
* [[https://github.com/apache/cordova-firefoxos|Mozilla FirefoxOS]]
* [[https://github.com/apache/cordova-bada|Samsung Bada]]
* [[https://github.com/apache/cordova-webos|HP webOS]]
* [[https://github.com/apache/cordova-osx|Apple Mac OS X]]
* [[https://github.com/apache/cordova-windows|Windows 8]]
|Line 14:||Line 29:|
| * Documentation (Hand authored markdown.)
* Mobile Spec (A test suite written in qunit that exercises the official device api.)
* weinre (Web Inspector Remote for any operating system.)
| * [[https://github.com/apache/cordova-docs|Documentation]] (Hand authored markdown.)
* [[https://github.com/apache/cordova-mobile-spec|Mobile Spec]] (A test suite written in qunit that exercises the official device api.)
* [[https://github.com/apache/cordova-weinre|Web Inspector Remote]] for any operating system.
* [[https://github.com/apache/cordova-labs|Labs]] for prototyping new work.
Apache Cordova is a suite of smaller sub projects for specific problem spaces.
In addition to operating system platforms there are satellite projects orbiting Apache Cordova:
Documentation (Hand authored markdown.)
Mobile Spec (A test suite written in qunit that exercises the official device api.)
Web Inspector Remote for any operating system.
Labs for prototyping new work.
The decision to split into discreet repositories for this code was deliberate. The effort involved in setting up a development environment and the devices required for testing all of these platforms is extensive. In addition to this hurdle, merging changes and rebasing project code for platforms an author may not be familiar with is risky. For these reasons we separated the code into atomic repositories and treat releases as the time to unify the codebases.
Each platform implementation of Cordova consists of:
- a set of native modules enabling various bits of the Cordova API - this is different for each platform implementation
a cordova.js file that is generated from the cordova-js project
a folder (usually named www) that contains web technology-based assets making up your application