|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
|== Update Changelog & Version ==
a. Update each repo's CHANGELOG.md file with changes
|== Update Release Notes & Version ==
a. Update each repo's RELEASENOTES.md file with changes
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
|# Copy & paste into CHANGELOG.md||# Copy & paste into RELEASENOTES.md|
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
|git commit -am "[CB-####] Updated version and changelog for release ''$VERSION''"||git commit -am "[CB-####] Updated version and RELEASENOTES.md for release ''$VERSION''"|
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
|* Combine highlights from changelogs into a Release Announcement blog post||* Combine highlights from RELEASENOTES.md into a Release Announcement blog post|
Release Process for ''Plugman and CLI''
Plugman and CLI are released at most weekly (see: VersioningAndReleaseStrategy).
A tools release is performed by a single person each week. We call this person the "Release Master". How to select the Release Master is still TDB.
- Email the dev mailing-list and see if anyone has reason to postpone the release.
- If so, agree upon a branching date / time.
Create JIRA issues
- Create a JIRA issue to track the status of the release.
- Comments should be added to this bug after each top-level step below is taken
Update Release Notes & Version
- Update each repo's RELEASENOTES.md file with changes
Increase the version within package.json using SemVer, and remove the -dev suffix
- For CLI, update the version of plugman that it depends on
- Commit these two changes together into one commit
./cordova-coho/coho repo-update -r cli -r plugman git log --pretty=format:'* %s' --topo-order --no-merges latest..master # Copy & paste into RELEASENOTES.md # Edit version within package.json based off of changes. git commit -am "[CB-####] Updated version and RELEASENOTES.md for release ''$VERSION''"
- Ensure that cordova-mobile-spec/createmobilespec.sh works.
Run npm test
Prepare Blog Post
- Combine highlights from RELEASENOTES.md into a Release Announcement blog post
Instructions on sites page README
- Get blog post proofread.
Publish to NPM
For plugman, and then for CLI:
cd cordova-plugman git tag --force latest git tag $VERSION git push --tags npm publish .
Post Blog Post
Update version to `dev`
- For each repo:
# Edit version within package.json by incrementing the micro and adding the ''-dev'' suffix. git commit -am "[CB-####] Added `dev` suffix to version."
Close JIRA Issue
- Double check that the issue has comments that record the steps you took
- Mark it as fixed
- Update *these wiki instructions* if they were missing anything.