Use a numbered list instead of bullet points
Outdated, unfortunately. We need a new one of these.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
First, some general rules:
1. Always use spaces for indentation, not tabs, except in Makefiles.
1. Try to keep lines shorter than 80 characters.
1. When you edit a file, try to stick with the conventions used in the surrounding code.
1. Avoid trailing spaces and newlines in your files. Good editors usually have a configuration option that prevents this from happening.
1. Avoid mixing purely cosmetic changes (such as removing trailing white-space) with functional changes, as that makes review of the actual change (whether it’s a check-in or a patch) much more difficult.
For more detailed coding conventions for Erlang code, please see the [[http://www.erlang.se/doc/programming_rules.shtml|Erlang Programming Rules and Conventions]].