converted to 1.6 markup
Migrated to https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/CouchDB+clients
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
## page was renamed from Getting Started With Erlang
## page was renamed from GettingStartedErlang
Getting started with Erlang and the CouchDB API.
= eCouch =
eCouch is an Erlang application that provides an API to a CouchDB server. Code and documentation can be obtained at:
== Characteristics ==
* Uses the [[http://www.lshift.net/blog/2007/02/17/json-and-json-rpc-for-erlang|rfc4627]] module from [[http://www.lshift.net/|LShift]]
* eCouch design was inspired by the article [[http://www.trapexit.org/Building_a_Non-blocking_TCP_server_using_OTP_principles|Building a Non-blocking TCP server using OTP principles]]
* It assumes that the [[http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/inets/index.html|inets]] application is running
== Features ==
* Follows all the OTP design principles
* Can run stand-alone with its own supervision tree or be included inside an existing supervision tree
* Guarantees synchronism between calls and their responses
= erlcouch =
It is quite easy to throw together a quick interface to CouchDB in Erlang using inets or ibrowse because CouchDB API is so easy. On such interface currently exists at:
Documentation can be found as part of the library.
= erlang_couchdb =
Another Erlang library exists as erlang_couchdb. It is actively development and tries to do as little as possible.