Revision 1 as of 2005-06-09 09:44:05
converted to 1.6 markup
|No differences found!|
- Prepare Apache Geronimo for the 1.0 release
- A goal is to close the gaps in Geronimo before the 1.0 release
Benefits to the Apache Community
- Make Geronimo convenient, paintless in use; running J2EE applications is implied warranty.
I'm interested in all these areas but I only expect to work on 1-2 of them depending on project priorities:
- Implementing JSR-88 Remote Deployment Support task. Writing appropriate documentation Implementing Directory-Scanning Deployer task. Writing appropriate documentation Implementing Management Console task. Writing appropriate documentation
- Task: JSR-88 Remote Deployment Support
Updating JSR-88 client: when deploying it indicates is option 'remote' specified and looks for option 'adminurl'( <protocol>://<server>:<port> ). The client uploads the application(ear-, war- or jar-file) to the server through the servlet on server side. It can upload to the "hot deploy" directory or in other case client says server what to deploy.
- Task: Directory-Scanning Deployer
Creating a component that will watch a certain directory, initiate deployment( new appp ), redeployment( if u update the copy of app ), undeployment.
- Task: Management Console
Creating Managament Console( using it u manage all Geronimo server installations, services such as security, database connections... ). It looks like desktop app or web app. Management Console allows u:
1. Start and stop server. Configure a server's connections. Configure logging and view logs. Configure resources active on the server.
2. Deploy, manage, update, and monitor your applications.
3. To manage and monitor connectivity between Geronimo Server and your database management system. Connectivity is usually established through connection pools.
4. Create and/or customize values for JMS servers, connection factories, destinations (physical queues and topics).
I only expect to work on some of them depending on project's time of delivery.
- I think, the project will take 2-2.5 months to complete after it is approved