Added in a few projects.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|This page is a list of projects that are related to HBase. Put new projects at the top of the list.
To add entries you need write permission to the wiki, which you can get by subscribing to the email@example.com mailing list and asking for permissions on the wiki account username you've registered yourself as. If you are using HBase in production you ought to consider getting involved in the development process anyway, by filing bugs, testing beta releases, reviewing the code and turning your notes into shared documentation. Your participation in this process will ensure your needs get met.
Projects that add new features to hbase:
* [[https://github.com/XiaoMi/themis/|Themis]] -- Themis provides cross-row/cross-table transaction on HBase based on google's percolator.
* [[https://github.com/caskdata/tephra|Tephra]] -- Cask Tephra provides globally consistent transactions on top of Apache HBase.
* [[https://github.com/VCNC/haeinsa|Haeinsa]] -- Haeinsa is linearly scalable multi-row, multi-table transaction library for HBase.
* [[https://github.com/juwi/HBase-TAggregator|HBase TAggregator]] -- An HBase coprocessor for timeseries based aggregations.
* [[http://www.trafodion.org|Trafodion]] -- Trafodion is an HP-sponsored Apache-licensed open source SQL on HBase DBMS with full-ACID distributed transaction support.
* [[http://phoenix.apache.org/|Apache Phoenix]] -- Apache Phoenix is a relational database layer over HBase delivered as a client-embedded JDBC driver targeting low latency queries over HBase data.
* [[https://github.com/cloudera/hue/tree/master/apps/hbase|Hue HBase Browser]] -- An Easy & Powerful WebUI for HBase, distributed with [[https://www.gethue.com|Hue]].
* [[https://github.com/NGDATA/hbase-indexer/tree/master/hbase-sep|HBase SEP]] -- the HBase Side Effect Processor, a system for asynchronously and reliably listening to HBase mutation events, based on HBase replication
* [[https://github.com/ngdata/hbase-indexer|Lily HBase Indexer]] -- indexes HBase content to Solr by listening to the replication stream (uses the HBase SEP)
* [[https://github.com/sonalgoyal/crux/|Crux]] - HBase Reporting and Analysis with support for simple and composite keys, get and range scans, column based filtering, charting.
* [[https://github.com/yahoo/omid/|Omid]] - Lock-free transactional support on top of HBase providing Snapshot Isolation.
* [[http://dev.tailsweep.com/projects/parhely|Parhely Home Page]] -- ORM for HBase
* [[http://code.google.com/p/hbase-writer/|HBase-Writer]] -- Heritrix2 Processor for writing crawls to HBase
* The [[http://www.pigi-project.org/|Pigi Project]] is an ORM-like framework. It includes a configurable index system and a simple object to HBase mapping framework (or indexing for HBase if you like). Designed for use by web applications.
* [[http://code.google.com/p/hbase-thrift/|hbase-thrift]] generates and installs Perl and Python Thrift bindings for HBase.
* [[http://belowdeck.kissintelligentsystems.com/ohm|OHM]] -- is a weakly relational ORM for HBase which provides Object Mapping and Column indexing. It has its own compiler capable of generating interface code for multiple languages. Currently C# (via the Thrift API), with support Java currently in development. The compiler is easily extensible to add support for other languages.
* [[http://datastore.googlecode.com|datastore]] -- Aims to be an implementation of the [[http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/datastore/|google app-engine datastore]] in Java using Hbase instead of bigtable
* [[http://datanucleus.org|DataNucleus]] -- is a Java JDO/JPA/REST implementation. It supports HBase, and many other datastores.
* [[http://github.com/impetus-opensource/Kundera|Kundera]] -- Kundera is a JPA 2.0 based object-datastore mapping library for HBase, Cassandra and MongoDB.
* [[http://github.com/zohmg/zohmg/tree/master|Zohmg]] -- Time series data store that uses HBase as its backing store.
* [[http://grails.org/plugin/gorm-hbase|Grails Support]] -- Grails HBase plug-in
* [[http://www.bigrecord.org|BigRecord]] -- is an active_record-based object mapping layer for Ruby on Rails.
* [[http://github.com/greglu/hbase-stargate|hbase-stargate]] -- Ruby client for HBase Stargate.
* [[http://github.com/ghelmling/meetup.beeno|Meetup.Beeno]] -- simple HBase Java "beans" mapping framework based on annotations. Includes a rudimentary high level query API that generates the appropriate server-side filters.
* [[http://www.springsource.org/spring-data/hadoop|Spring Hadoop]] - The Spring Hadoop project provides support for writing Apache Hadoop applications that benefit from the features of Spring, Spring Batch and Spring Integration.
* [[https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SPR-5950|Spring Framework HBase Template]] -- Provides HBase data access templates similar to what is provided in Spring for JDBC, Hibernate, iBatis, etc. If you find this useful, please vote for its inclusion in the Spring Framework.
* [[http://github.com/davidsantiago/clojure-hbase|Clojure-HBase]] -- A library for convenient access to HBase from Clojure.
* [[http://www.lilyproject.org/lily/about/playground/hbaseindexes.html|HBase indexing library]] -- A library for building and querying HBase-table-based indexes.
* [[http://github.com/akkumar/hbasene|HBasene]] -- Lucene+HBase - Using HBase as the backing store for the TF-IDF representations needed by Lucene. Also, contains a library for constructing lucene indices from HBase schema.
* [[http://github.com/larsgeorge/jmxtoolkit|JMXToolkit]] -- A HBase tailored JMX toolkit enabling monitoring with Cacti and checking with Nagios or similar.
* [[http://github.com/ykulbak/ihbase|IHBASE]] -- Provides faster scans by indexing regions, each region has it's own index. The indexed columns are user-defined and indexes can be intersected or joined in a single query.
* [[http://github.com/apurtell/hbase-ec2|HBASE EC2 scripts]] -- This collection of bash scripts allows you to run HBase clusters on Amazon.com's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) service with best practices baked in.
* [[http://github.com/apurtell/hbase-stargate|Stargate]] -- Enhanced RESTful interface.
* [[http://github.com/hbase-trx/hbase-transactional-tableindexed|HBase-trx]] -- Transactional (JTA) and indexed extensions of HBase.
* [[http://github.com/simplegeo/python-hbase-thrift|HBase Thrift Python client Debian package]] -- Debian packages for the HBase Thrift Python client (see readme for sources.list setup)
* [[http://github.com/amitrathore/capjure|capjure]] -- capjure is a persistence helper for HBase. It is written in the Clojure language, and supports persisting of native hash-maps.
* [[http://github.com/sematext/HBaseHUT|HBaseHUT]] -- (High Update Throughput for HBase) It focuses on write performance during records update (by avoiding doing Get on every Put to update record).
* [[http://github.com/sematext/HBaseWD|HBaseWD]] -- HBase Writes Distributor spreads records over the cluster even when their keys are sequential, while still allowing fast range scans over them
* [[http://code.google.com/p/hbase-jdo/|HBase UI Tool & Util]] - Hbase UI client & simple util module -- it can handle hbase more easily like jdo(not persistence api)
Example HBase Applications
* [[http://github.com/andreisavu/feedaggregator|HBase powered feed aggregator]] by Savu Andrei -- 200909
|The HBase Wiki is in the process of being decommissioned. The info that used to be on this page has moved to http://hbase.apache.org/supportingprojects.html. Please update your bookmarks.|
The HBase Wiki is in the process of being decommissioned. The info that used to be on this page has moved to http://hbase.apache.org/supportingprojects.html. Please update your bookmarks.