|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
|* See also [[http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html|http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html]]||This page explains related information required for publishing a release.|
|Line 82:||Line 82:|
5. After release is published to [[https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hama/|dist]], please '''remove''' the old release.
== Reference ==
* [[https://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html|Publishing Releases]]
* [[http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html|Releases Policy]]
This page explains related information required for publishing a release.
Check list before release
To verify license headers, use RAT check with following command:
% mvn apache-rat:check
Branching the release candidate
Before release, a branch should have been be created for that release in the form <major>.<minor>. For example:
svn copy https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hama/trunk https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hama/branches/0.2
1. Update to the latest SVN revision:
2. Prepare the release:
If you need to rollback the release, mvn release:rollback .
3. Digitally sign the distribution hama-X.X.X.tar.gz.
md5sum hama-x.x.x.tar.gz > hama-x.x.x.tar.gz.md5 sha1sum hama-x.x.x.tar.gz > hama-x.x.x.tar.gz.sha1
4. Put the release candidate somewhere people can test it on different platforms
scp dist/target/** firstname.lastname@example.org:/home/edwardyoon/public_html/dist/0.6.1-RC3
Each release must be voted by the PMC on the hama-dev mailing list. Vote threads are indicated by starting the subject line with [VOTE].
For a vote to pass at least three +1 votes are needed. Votes are normally run for 72 hours. When starting the vote, indicate the date and time the vote period ends.
When the vote period ends, tally up the votes and report the final result to the mailing list.
Once three PMC members have voted for a release, it may be published.
1. Manage versions in JIRA
2. Release artifacts
Now you must close the staging repository to indicate to Nexus that the build is done and to make the artifacts available. See http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html
scp -r email@example.com:/home/edwardyoon/public_html/dist/0.6.2-RC1/ ./ mv 0.6.2-RC1 0.6.2 svn add 0.6.2; svn commit ./ -m "Release Hama 0.6.2"
3. Website update
Use CMS to deploy web site or commit changes to http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hama/site/trunk/ directly
4. Announce to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
5. After release is published to dist, please remove the old release.