Article describing how to setup a Mac OS X (Leopard) development environment for Harmony.
Xcode is a suite of development tools for Mac OS X.
Install and setup Xcode Developer Tools. This can either be done from the Mac OS X installation disc or the latest copy can be downloaded from Apple Developer Connection.
MacPorts is a tool for downloading, installing and configuring various open-source libraries and applications that have been ported to Mac OS X.
- Open up a terminal window
If you installed MacPorts via the package installer, verify your environment variables are setup correctly
- Invoke 'env'
- Verify that the 'PATH' variable begins with '/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin'; if not, then edit your '.profile' file and add them.
- Verify that the 'MANPATH' variable begins with '/opt/local/share/man'; if not, then edit your '.profile' file and add it.
- Invoke 'sudo port install lcms'; this installs the LCMS library
- Invoke 'sudo port install libpng'; this installs the PNG library
- Invoke 'sudo port install jpeg'; this install the JPEG library
- Invoke 'sudo port install libxml2' this install the XML v2 library