Revision of HiveMind documentation
Problems to address in a revision of HiveMind documentation:
- A clear guide how to read documentation is missing. Documentation is too clustered
- Example-Code: The page Example-Code shows the output of an ant script only.
- The start page is a mixture of a basic tutorial and project status information.
- Chapter 'Bootstrapping the registry' is a kind of 'how to start' tutorial. Awkward name IMHO. The content and output of the 'build examples' ant-script aren't really helpful.
- A lot of the chapters under 'Tutorials and information' are quite advanced material (like localization, multi-threading, overriding services etc.).
- Recommended Usage and registry bootstrapping in Web-Application, Thin-Client, Webstart, J2EE Application Server
- Implementation and usage of interceptors
- Registry construction from a XML descriptor other than META-INF\hivemodule.xml
- More Dependency injection examples. Setter + constructor-injection, autowiring
- Algorithms used for autowiring
- POJOs as services
Suggested new site structure:
- Short Description, Guide to doc and tutorials
- Upgrade Warnings
- Tutorials and Information
Why should you use HiveMind
- Very Simple Example
- Service Models
- Life Cycle
- Pojo Services
- Usage scenarios
- Web Application
- Application Server
- Web Start
- Groovy support
- Links to examples in manual
- Additional Examples
- Registry construction
- Additional Topics
- IoC Background
Everything on this page sounds good. The only comment I'd like to add is that the documentation needs to read more like a book and less like a random bunch of links. The spring documentation achieves this fairly well.